A keto diet is all about cutting carbohydrates from your meals. It usually contains a high amount of fat, a considerable quantity of proteins, and the least volume of carbs. With a low level of carbs in the body, the brain will signal to start burning the fat to meet the energy needs. And that’s how you start losing fat and eventually get in shape. You can couple a ketogenic diet with an easy workout to reap the maximum out of it.
Ketogenic Diet – What to expect
Excessive weight and obesity are some of the most challenging health issues these days. With no age exception, the number of overweight individuals is rising day by day. Research shows that about 2.8 million people per year die due to diseases related to obesity. There are many ways to control weight like exercise, diet plan, and intermittent fasting, etc. One popular type of diet plan supported by research is the ketogenic diet. Science says that a ketogenic diet can not only reduce weight and increase metabolism but also help the body in the fight against diseases. Let’s take a look at what is the ketogenic diet and how it works.
What to include in a Ketogenic-Diet?
Keto diet is less annoying than the other regimes. It contains a wide range of food so there are chances that you will not get quickly bored with them.
- Almost all types of meat, such as chicken, beef, turkey, etc.
- Fatty fish including trout salmon and tuna
- Organic eggs, Butter, cream, unprocessed Mozzarella, and cheddar cheese
- Almonds, Chia seeds, and walnuts
- Low carb vegetables like leafy greens, onions, tomatoes, and all types of herbs
- All ingredients cooked in healthy oils like olive oil.
Say No to:
If you want to follow a keto diet plan, you will have to say goodbye to the following foods.
- All sweet food like candies, cakes, ice cream, shakes, and even fruits
- Diet with starch such as rice, wheat, grains or cereals, etc
- Beans including legumes, lentils, and peas
- All underground vegetables like potatoes and carrots
- Alcohol and other processed/ flavored food with additives.
Protection against diseases
A keto diet also helps in fighting several conditions that are becoming increasingly common. Some of them are due to obesity.
This diet can prevent heart diseases as ketosis tends to reduce the level of cholesterol in the body. Improved blood sugar and controlled cholesterol level can help in reducing the chance of heart issues.
By lowering the level of insulin in the body, the keto diet can also help in the treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome and Type II diabetes. It can also help in reducing acne, which may occur due to the intake of sugary and processed food.
A ketogenic diet is very beneficial for shedding extra weight and also protects against various diseases. If you want to see the results of the menu, give your body enough time to adjust to the plan, and then see the difference.
That’s what I found really interesting about Keto Diet and worth sharing. Please comment below and let us know your thoughts on this?